The 19 Days Campaign is a WWSF initiative launched in 2011 by the Children-Youth Section and sponsored by the Women's World Summit Foundation - WWSF and other partners.
As a multi-issue coalition of diverse partners using the 19 Days Campaign as an organizing strategy in the fight against at least one of the 19 abuse/violence issues presented in the list of campaign themes, you help create a world fit for children by:
- Raising public awareness of the multi-faceted problem of abuse and violence
- Mobilizing agents for change, organizations, institutions and grassroots faith-based groups
- Educating for better prevention measures
- Strengthening local, national and international initiatives
- Establishing collaboration with other campaign partners
- Creating support at the national, regional and international level
- Linking prevention with the Convention on the rights of the child and the UN Study on violence against children
- Lobbying governments to implement UN Study recommendations and in particular "prioritize prevention"