The 20th Session of the Universal Periodic Review will take place from 27 October to 7 November 2014. Below is a list of the countries to be reviewed during the session.
Angola: UPR / Wiki
Bolivia: UPR / Wiki
Bosnia and Herzegovina: UPR / Wiki
Egypt: UPR / Wiki
El Salvador: UPR / Wiki
Fiji: UPR / Wiki
Gambia: UPR / Wiki
Iran, Islamic Republic of: UPR / Wiki
Iraq: UPR / Wiki
Italy: UPR / Wiki
Kazakhstan: UPR / Wiki
Madagascar: UPR / Wiki
San Marino: UPR / Wiki
Slovenia: UPR / Wiki
Deadlines and information for submission of reports
- Civil society (e.g. NGOs, both international and local, and individuals) can submit ‘alternative reports’ to the UPR to help influence the UPR process. Reports can be submitted either individually or as part of a coalition or joint submission with other organisations. This is a great way for civil society to get its messages across on the international stage about the human rights situation in a country. CRIN has put together information on how NGOs can submit alternative reports to the UPR.
- Child Rights Connect has published two fact sheets to assist NGOs in engaging with the Universal Periodic Review (UPR).
- UPR-info.org has a very useful guide on NGO participation.
- You can find the calendar for reporting deadlines on the UPR section of OHCHR’s website.
- The deadline for submitting reports is 21st July 2014 (to be confirmed).
- UPR official page
- CRIN's guide to UPR
- UPR-Info website (an NGO which provides useful guidance and resources on the UPR process)
You can also read CRIN's extract reports from the first cycle reviews here.