The 67th Session of the Committee on the Rights of the Child will take place from 1 - 19 September 2014.
Programme of work
- To access the full programme of work, visit the OHCHR website.
- The Committee will hold its 2014 Day of General Discussion on “Digital media and children’s rights”. The discussion will take place on Friday, 12 September 2014 at the Palais des Nations, Room XVII. The purpose of the Day of General Discussion is to better understand the effects of children’s engagement with social media as well as information and communications technologies, in order to understand the impact on and role of children’s rights in this area, and develop rights-based strategies to maximize the online opportunities for children while protecting them from risks and possible harm. All the information can be found on the Day of General Discussion 2014 webpage.
States under review for UN Convention on Rights of the Child (CRC)
States under review for CRC - OPSC (Optional Protocol on sale of children, child prostitution and child pornography)
States under review for CRC - OPAC (Optional Protocol on involvement of children in armed conflict)
Opportunities for child rights advocates
- January/February pre-sessional working group: 1 November
- May/June pre-sessional working group: 1 March
- September/October pre-sessional working group: 1 July
- Subscribe to our monthly "Child Rights at the United Nations" CRINmail
- Read CRIN's guide to the UN Committee on the Rights of the Child
- Visit the official OHCHR website of the Committee on the Rights of the Child
- Child Rights Connect gives advice and assistance to NGOs wanting to submit an alternative report.
- OHCHR Fact-sheet on the Committee on the Rights of the Child
- A live Webcast service is available, covering the plenary session on-line
- Keep up-to-date with the 67th session of the Committee on the Rights of the Child